Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Cottages and Bungalows Magazine Feature!


I'm really happy to finally be able to share with you
a project I completed quite some time ago,
my very first story ( article & photographs, 8 pages total )
for one of my favorite publications,
Cottages and Bungalows Magazine.


I photographed the gorgeous and whimsical home
belonging to Patricia and Ray Hamm
 for the November 2012, issue.

Patricia and her talented partner  
Debbie Stevenson are co-owners
of the Llano, Texas store named...what else?
 Whimsey's
and this delightful little gem of a store
more than lives up to its name.


After taking a stroll through this
utterly charming vintage shop,
it's no surprise whatsoever
to see that the same playful
blueprint is at work on the homefront, too.


And it's always a treat when I'm also
able to contribute the text for the article, too.
Gotta keep those writing muscles flexed, after all!




The house is a virtual kaleidoscope of color,
and is filled with playful, imaginative
touches throughout.






Thank you to Editor Jickie Torres
for being a dream to work with!
Let's do it again, soon!


Thank you to the Hamm's
for graciously opening up their home to us.



And finally, I most definitely owe a HUGE debt of thanks
to my lovely and super talented friend and stylist for this project,
Binky Morgan of Binky La Faye

 
Beautiful Binky was supposed to receive a styling credit
for her work, but I was dismayed to see that somewhere
in between the submitted text leaving my hands and the issue
seeing print, Binky's name had been left off.
I'm here to right that wrong, and to give Binky
the props she most certainly deserves!

I hope you'll head out and grab the issue,
it's filled with great ideas for small spaces
and Fall inspiration galore.

I'll be back later with news
about another magazine feature I have
out this month. :-)

Have a great week!





linking with



whimsey's advertising photo 
courtesy debbie stevenson




38 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Looks great Anne. The photography, and the styling are beautiful. Yes, give Binky her props.

Privet and Holly said...

WOW!

This looks amazing.
Did you do the first
page with the pink
background and the
vintage silver? L o v e ....

So happy that you've
found your groove.
You're on your way!

Happy Monday,
xo Suzanne

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Congrats on your success! I will look for a copy of the magazine...the peek looks wonderful! :)

Lululiz said...

Terrific! You make us all so proud of you.

Kate said...

Anne It is so beautiful what an accomplishment to have such a gorgeous layout. You and Binky did a fantastic job. Cheering you on from Cali!!

Love you xoxo
Kate

Anonymous said...

YEA!! So excited for you Anne!! It looks beautiful!!
Congrats!
Have a wonderful week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Alice said...

Congratulations!!!! What a great achievement, and your photos are gorgeous--as expected! I'll have to check this one out when I'm in the city.

I'm doing the happy dance for you. Have a wonderful week!!!

E. Charlotte said...

Wonderful job!! You did excellent! Congratulations! How exciting it must be to hold that issue in your hands! Cool! Nice of you to give Binky her props too!!

Pura Vida said...

Yay for you powerful talented female!

Low Tide High Style said...

A big congrats to both you and Binky on a job well done! I'll look for it in stores!

Kat

andrea@townandprairie said...

Congratulations to you and Binky! How beautiful! You must be SO excited!

Anonymous said...

I just knew it had to be Patricia's (and I can't leave out Ray) home! My sister Dana and I painted that bedroom and the "hot pink" living room too! She has a wonderful "Whimsical" home. Love them both!

Sue said...

I saw the article in my new issue of Cottages and Bungalows. Everything looks great and you must feel so excited and I hope "proud" as well!! You did a beautiful job.

Take care,
Sue

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

You obviously keep your photography and your writing muscles flexed. The ideas and images are each so intriguing. You have a great eye for composition, light and style. Love it!
Liz

pballard said...

Off to look for this magazine tomorrow. Congrats to you!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Everything turned out so great, Anne! You and Binky made a great team!

Theresa said...

Beautiful spread! I will certainly grab that issue! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Patty said...

Gorgeous! I'm starting to crave those little alarm clocks---gonna have to go do some antique shopping!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What beautiful pics you have here...I want to see more...so off to the store I go (that bed is so pretty).

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful, congratulations!!

Barbara Jean said...

it looks wonderful Anne.
Wish there were links to the places you mentioned. Would love to look around.

blessings
barb

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Awesome! So impressed! I am sure that if you ever visit my blog, you cringe at my iphone photos! (Cross your fingers I get a new camera, soon.)
-Trish

Debra@CommonGround said...

great photos, Girl. I'll be looking for that issue!xoxo

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh, congratulations Anne!!! We are so thrilled for you that your gifts and talents are being recognized and your hard work is paying off! :-)
Vanessa

vintagegirl said...

As usual great photos and some really creative ideas...keep inspiring:)

Sharon

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How exciting ~ congratulations!

Tattered Tiques said...

Congrats to you! Beautiful photos and styling. Can't wait to pick up my copy. I love seeing the work of fellow bloggers published. It's always exciting!
Julie

Tattered Tiques said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

To be honest I don't usually buy Cottages and Bungalows, but for some reason I did yesterday!! I had a feeling I would like it, now I can't wait to read every word..
Congratulations Anne!!

Ann at the Handley Bungalow said...

It looks wonderful! I will keep my eyes peeled for that magazine next time I head to the store! Love reading your blog!

lori miller vintage design co said...

Love the magazine! Can't wait to see your article.

Do tell... how do you get the editor's attention for upcoming issues....

Do tell your secrets...
Lori

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous~ you and Binky rock!!! :) Congratulations Anne!!

trash talk said...

We were in Whimseys over the summer and I really did try to fill up the back seat of the truck with all the cute things found there!
Deb

Tricia said...

Yay! It looks wonderful, Anne! I'm in LOVE with the first photo with all the pretty pinks. It seems that you and Binky make a great team! xo

Katherines Corner said...

Applause, well done xo

Sherry Hicks said...

Anne I am so happy for you! This looks like a wonderful article and I will be picking up the magazine! I got a Subscription to Folk and want to thank you for writing about Folk as I love it but I subscribed to late to get a copy of the one that had your articles....bummer. I bet it is hard to keep a lid on projects until you are able to speak about them. I admire your work and I will be able to read your writing on this one!!
Have a wonderful Week and I am excited to hear about your next project, you are so talented and nice!!
Sherry

Heaven's Walk said...

Big congratulations to you, Anne!!!!!!!!! :) Can hardly wait to get my copy!

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Anne! I will be sure to get a copy of this issue. It's looks beautiful! Congratulations to Binky too. Such a bummer that her name wasn't included in the credits. I am off to visit and show my support of her beautiful styling...

xo
Jami


Related Posts with Thumbnails