Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Friday, May 9, 2014

Published in Flea Market Decor!


99.9% of the time, when I'm hired to
do a photo shoot for a magazine or business,
I'm photographing someone else's "stuff".
Their house, their shop, their magazine feature.

But every so often, I'm given the opportunity
to share MY "stuff", and it's really a blast
seeing our home in print and on the magazine stands.

Last year, our home was featured in 
Cottages and Bungalows magazine HERE,
and right now, our sweet little Fredericksburg farmhouse
is featured in the June-July 2014
issue of Flea Market Decor magazine!


I was the photographer and stylist on this feature,
and the wonderfully talented writer Kit Birmingham
wrote the accompanying story.
Which caused a bit of a freak-out on my part initially.
Every other time I've been the subject
of a magazine feature, I've either written the text myself,
or sent my answers to the interview questions along
via an email or Word doc.


This time however, the editor informed me 
that the writer assigned to my story would be
calling me for a phone interview.
Yikes!
I immediately got on the phone with my sweet friend
Carol Bolton....she's an old hand at this being interviewed stuff...
and she gave me some tips and advice which
helped calm my nerves. So much so that when Kit called,
our planned 15 minute interview turned into
a 45 minute gab-fest with what felt like one of my gal-pals.


The gist of the story is how to decorate 
your own home with flea market finds,
like I've done with that amazing barn door
from Theresa Cano of Garden Antqs Vintage,
or any of the other terrific finds I've procured
at either the fleas or garage sales.

Here are some of the original images
from the magazine feature.


LOVE that barn door!


The blue and white dining room,
which has already undergone yet ANOTHER
transformation since the magazine came out!


Petite French scale via
Tracey at French Larkspur.




I love mixing elements...
glass, ironstone, bits of nature.


I was soooooo happy when the wall-o-mirrors
was finally complete! It's the little things, people!


And that groovy chair, oh my word.
Nabbed it at Fredericksburg Trade Days for a song.

As always, a huge debt of gratitude to all the
beautiful ladies at Beckett Media. Not only do you produce
all my favorite mags, but you are always a DREAM to work with!
And to Kit Birmingham, you're the bomb! 
Love the story you crafted to accompany my photos.

And finally, thanks to my sweet husband,
who always puts up with my insatiable quest to fill our
farmhouse with the beloved "junk" I hold so dear.

I'll be back here at ye olde blog soon
sharing all my other recent adventures
in junking and photography.

Have a great week!



This is a comment-free blog
but please come visit me here...


linking with


 Flea Market Decor is available at most
major grocery chains, Target, as well as Barnes and Noble
and other booksellers. 






Related Posts with Thumbnails