Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Friday, April 15, 2016

Published, Spring Where Women Create Business


Every once in a rare while, 
you meet someone who is a 
true force of nature. 
A dynamic, innovative, inspired, genuine, 
ebullient, indomitable, 
bona-fide force of Mother Nature Almighty. 

For me, that someone was Bex Hale

{all photos copyright Anne Lorys Photography}
 { Bex and Facebook sensation, Baby Lulu *grin* }

Last year, my buddy Bex agreed to
go on this crazy adventure with me,
and I photographed the photos which accompany her story
in the Spring issue
of Where Women Create Business.

With a background in industrial technology and engineering,  
Bex parlayed these strengths into her true passions... 
interior design and decor. 

And quite the pedigree she possesses 
in the design realm, mmm hmm.
Having collaborated with the likes of Robert Redford, 
The Sundance Channel, Lexus, The Fairmont Hotel, 
and oh, just a little old thang like being 
featured on  HGTV's DESIGN STAR (!!!!! ),
Bex was a natural to share her story, 
her life, her business acumen, 
and her joie de vivre with all the readers of 


In the Spring 2016 issue, 
Bex shares her design business 
in Wimberley, TX,  Relics Home
her luxury vacation rental  Relics Ranch
and not only the tale of how she and 
hubby David met, but also shares 
a great big old chunk of her heart with us.... 
Baby Lulu.

But first, the design studio.


The collaborative process where dreams come to life 
and decors become seriously awesome.


The design studio.


Bex herself. 
'Tis a shame she's not the least bit photogenic. 
{ cough, cough, beauty queen, cough, cough }


Relics Ranch, designed from stem to stern by Bex. 


Texas meets art deco meets "why the heck not?"


 Nobody but nobody rocks a victory roll like this gal!


And then her heart... 


I've heard moms describe their children as 
"my heart that walks around outside my body."

That. That right there tells you all you need to know 
about the bond between this red-headed dynamo 
and her towheaded angel baby.


Yep, that's Lulu. 


As in THE Lulu, 
the cute little tushie revealed in my 
previously shared ( months ago ) 
photo titled "Cowgirl Up." 
Now you've got a face to go with the 
checkered, bloomered tookus!

And I owe a huge debt of thanks to my friend 
and photographer Dixie Sims Dobbins 
for sharing these photos of Bex 
as she was one of the VIP's 
attending the recent Where Women Create 
 TRIBE event at Zapp Hall in Warrenton.

It was a collective celebration of women creatives, 
with a special focus on gals highlighted in all 
the current issues of the "Where Women" family of magazines.

 { photo courtesy Dixie Sims Dobbins }

 { photo courtesy Dixie Sims Dobbins }


 { photo courtesy Dixie Sims Dobbins }

  { photo courtesy Dixie Sims Dobbins }


  { photo courtesy Dixie Sims Dobbins }



As always, I thank my friends and family 
at Where Women Create. 
Jo, Brandy, Amber....you make each project 
a magical experience from start to finish. 

And Bex, to you... 
I think you know. 
I adore you, I idolize you, 
I know that I know that I know 
that I am a much better person 
having you in my orbit. 

Go on, you unstoppable force of nature...
conquer the world now!




This is a comment-free blog
but please come visit 
and chat with me here...




linking with


No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails