Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Lavender Love


I'm not only in love with my newest clients,
but I'm crazy in love with their products, too!

Debi and Jack Williams own Humminbird Farms,
which is just outside of Johnson City, Texas, in the
bustling metropolis of Hye, population around 100.

When they first contacted me to re-do most of
the photography on their website, I took a quick trip
to survey the premises, and I immediately fell in love
with the quintessential Hill County Charm. 


I then planned two separate photo shoots,
the first would be product photography for the shopping cart,
which involved shooting inside a light cube...a first for me! 




A week later, I headed back to Hye 
to do on-location shooting of the incredible
aromatherapy bath and body products
in and around the farm itself.


The new Julia 1933 Collection
is named after Jack's beloved mother Julia,
and we shot the "Julia" photos in what was
Julia's bungalow on the farm.
The Julia products are especially soothing.
Per the website:

"Aloe-based and loaded with anti-oxidants, 
Julia 1933 Body Butter is like no other 
cream or body butter on the market. 
A unique and natural fragrant blend of rosemary, patchouli, 
and green tea with a nice little twist of lemon grass. 
This is aromatherapy at its finest, with an essential oil blend 
known for its awakening and energizing effects. 
Shea butter infused in aloe allows 
beneficial deep moisturizing for all skin types."


The Pillow Mist, shown above, is infused
with essential oil of lavender 
and has become a fast favorite of mine.


The body wash and lotion are amazing,
and I still can't get over how moisturizing
the body wash is...not to mention the fact that it doubles
as the absolute best bubble bath I've ever tried. 
Mr. Bubbles has got nothin'  on this stuff!


As with most of my clients,
I now count Debi and Jack as good friends.

 But my best friend of all?


Why, it absolutely HAD to be sweet Lefty,
who was not only a total love-bug,
but my constant guide and helper throughout the shoot.
Thank you, sweet boy!

If you'd like to order some of these great products,
please visit my friend at Hummingbird Farms

Happy Weekend!




This is a comment-free blog
but please come visit 
and chat with me here...




Related Posts with Thumbnails