Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Rediscovering "Us"


It was one of those weird things... 
I had taken my laptop in to be repaired, 
and I just picked it up this afternoon. 

I don't know what sort of hoodoo voodoo 
the computer tech did, but he located a folder of photos 
that I haven't seen in almost 5 years. 

They are the story of us. 
Me and my husband. 
From our very first date, 
until our honeymoon, and a few stops in between. 

We've been married 8 years this Summer, 
and it hasn't been the easiest of paths. 
We've butted heads our fair share and then some, 
but rediscovering these photos reminds me 
of the really, honest-to-goodness, important stuff. 

I'm sharing these with you here... 
none of them are edited, in fact they all pre-date 
my career as a photographer, which didn't 
happen until late 2009. 

So here we are.The story of Anne and James. 
For better, for worse, 
in sickness and in health,
and you know the rest. 
:-)


The first date....St. Patrick's Day 2006. 
Dolores del Rio on The Riverwalk. 


Still the first date. Cheesy photo from Dave and Buster's.

From my trips to see him in the Rio Grande Valley....




And from his treks to see me 
in the Texas Hill Country....






Meeting other members 
of his clan, pre-engagement...


Meeting his oldest friends from The Valley. 


*****

And at the Texas Renaissance Festival in Plantersville...


THE PROPOSAL!!!
All captured by his younger brother Andrew, 
who was in on the stealth plan.






And a post-proposal, celebratory dinner
with my husband's brother Andrew, ( my now brother-in-law ), 
and his lovely girlfriend Mary who became 
his bride 2 years later.


The bridal shower.
I don't think I've ever been this thin since!



Bridal shower loot and swag!



Hooray, I got the entire 
Antique White Mikasa china set!


And then the day arrived.
July 21, 2007.
Mr. and Mrs.

He put a ring on it.






Off to Hawaii for the honeymoon...

The one thing I most wanted to do, 
fly over an active volcano!
Bucket list...check!


Swing from inside a Banyan tree, 
just because I could.


Go native at a Luau...

{ please note: that armband "tat" was a pre-tat tat. It washed right off }

A view like no other,
Waikiki Beach.


And to just take a minute to realize... 
"holy cow, I'm married!!!"


And then below, a photo of us just a couple
of weeks back with me, my bro-in-law,
and the husband at the Houston House of Blues....


^ ^ ^
me + three dirty martinis later = not even recalling this photo. ;-)


The laughs, the fights, the tears, the unspeakable joy 
of finding your other half. 
Our faces pretty much say it all.


Thank you for sharing in 
our memories. 
Thank you for rediscovering us.

XOXO


Ad majorem Dei gloriam
Latin for "all for the glory of God."




This is a comment-free blog
but please come visit 
and chat with me here...





Related Posts with Thumbnails