Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Monday, August 29, 2016

Room No. 5, Carol Hicks Bolton, Summer 2016 Sneak Peek


This lady. 
Her shops. 
Which is lovelier? Hard to say. 
Nope, strike that. 
Carol Hicks Bolton, divine though her shops may be, 
is far and away the lovelier of the two. 

But the very essence of Carol is made manifest 
in each lovingly crafted vignette, every carefully curated treasure, 
sort of rendering the question moot. 

I've been most fortunate to be able to collaborate 
with Carol on multiple website, advertising, and magazine 
photo shoots over the past 5 or so years. 
If you want a master class in all things ethereal, 
look no further than Mrs. Bolton.




We collaborated again this Summer 
on a big photo shoot / ad campaign for her shop Room No. 5.
The photo above was from that very shoot, 
an out-take, actually. I caught Carol unawares as she was 
styling this cabinet, and as it turns out, 
it's probably our favorite photo from the whole shoot. 

Art is funny like that...oftentimes it is created 
as a result of happy accidents. 

Anyway. 

I look back and see that I haven't blogged since April. 
I've been active on Facebook and Instagram, 
but the blog? Well, if you want the unadulterated truth, 
my heart just wasn't in it much anymore. 
I thought I wanted to close the door completely, 
but maybe I might just leave the door cracked open, ever so slightly. 
You know, for stuff like this. 
The good stuff, sharing what I want, when I want, 
with no apologies or explanations offered 
for the infrequency of my posts. 

I've had some friends lament that I had shut the blog down completely, 
making it impossible to access old posts, many of which featured 
photos from their own projects or shoots. 
So here it is, unlocked and sorta open for business. 
If I'm not manning the store, feel free to wander and browse. 

I'll be headed back soon to post the rest of our photos 
from Carol's Room No. 5 shoot. 
Because her stuff is so beyond perfection, that I want to see 
her shop(s) plastered all over Pinterest and the like.  

Thanks for the visit. 
It's nice to be back.




This is a comment-free blog
but please come visit 
and chat with me here...



linking with 




Related Posts with Thumbnails