Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Life just ain't fair!!!


Three HUGE rummage sales today,
scores of GOOD garage sales listed, a couple of promising estate sales,
a GREAT weekend-long annual antique show
20 miles down the road, it's Trade Days in Fredericksburg, and ME?
I'm stuck working 12 hours all day today and Sunday.
And it's my BIRTHDAY WEEKEND no less.

/whiny rant

There. That felt better.

More to follow later this afternoon, I'm just about to head out to save lives,
but here's a token picture to hold y'all over until I get back from making rounds....


Caa-uuute little French plate (really from France!) 
picked up from an awesome garage sale last weekend.
Now on sale at Fiona and Twig!

There's a great giveaway going on over at 
If you haven't entered yet, there's still time! 
In honor of reaching 200 followers, the gals over there are giving away this gorgeous, 
one-of-a-kind, homemade scarf, and just in time for the chilly weather!


Get all the details right here.

Have a prosperous junkin' day, one and all!


9 comments:

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Happy Birthday to you! There's probably nothing good out there to find today anyway!
Have a great weekend,
Susie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Happy B-day! Doesn't your boss know that the best B-day gift is a Junkin' Day????? Oh well, there is always next year! LOL!

Blue Creek Home said...

Your birthday only comes once a year...good junking opportunites arise often and jobs are hard to come by these days. So, celebrate yourself this weekend while saving lives!!

Hey, I would be bummed too...just trying to find a bit of rainbow for you!! Happy Birthday.
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday my dear.. see, two of a kind.. well actually there are many of us October babies out there! Love it.

Well I did the sales for you today and I dragged hubs along with me! Got designer drapes and lamps and sweaters and a great pair of new mules! All for 18 bucks.. can't beat that at all.

*The Beautiful Life* said...

SUCH a bummer that you have to week SOOOO long -- on THIS weekend of all weekends!! NO FAIR! :)

Well, perhaps you can extend your 'birthday weekend' into a a birthday WEEK and celebrate for the next 7 days!! :)

Happy birthday, crazy girl! :)

~Ruth

AuroraSuzette said...

Hey, Anne, I hear you! I have missed so many of the good shows/sales in my area lately. Appreciated the whine, baby. I solemly do promise, right here in the comments on awesome Fiona & Twig's blog to do a givaway when I reach 200 followers!!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Anne dear, Just make sure you get to make up for having to work with a fun celebration out on the town!
love ya, Debra

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hope you have a great Birthday, but you know, I think I'd have to tell them I'd be into work right after the sales :)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh, I just hate that! You know you're missing out on so many good things. I always tell myself that everything was either junk or overpriced.


Related Posts with Thumbnails