Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Man Behind Fiona and Twig

Meet my Handsome Husband...


I felt a bit guilty that I had no photos of my own from Warrenton which featured HH, but Theresa Cano of Garden Antqs Vintage came to the rescue! She was gracious enough to snap this pic of HH and myself in her beautiful space, and doubly gracious to allow me to use it here on my blog.

Now let me preface this bio on HH with this disclaimer: He is not really in any way shape or form into the whole antique-vintage-flea markety-junking-Warrenton thing.
Not a bit.
But boy oh boy, is he ever the go-to guy when you need someone to either push your Wonder Wheeler all stinkin' day long, cart heavy furniture to and fro, repair a wonky drawer so's I can sell it in my booth,  listen patiently while I prattle on endlessly about all my bloggy friends....you get the picture.
Heck, he was an avowed lifelong cat hater who has grudgingly come around to loving my girl, Winnie (although he'd be loathe to admit it *grin*).


So yeah, in many, many significant ways, he truly is the man behind Fiona and Twig.
But he is an astonishingly accomplished gent in his own right.

He was a Nationally ranked swimmer in college, and made it to the Olympic trials twice. At one point, he was ranked 8th in the world.

He is an accomplished thespian, having performed community theatre for years (and with the awards to prove it).

He has tirelessly taught High School Chemistry and Physics for many years, as well as coached swimming. In fact, 2 years ago he was named Coach of the Year for his region.

But his greatest achievement? It might just be putting up with me.

Love ya, HH!



17 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a sweet post to your dearest, couldn't live without him I'm sure!

Unknown said...

Sweet post, Anne! You two make a cute couple. A guy is a real super hubby when they put up with us and our little quirky loves; also, helping us with all our junking and projects.

Hope you're having a super day!

Nancy

Scarlett Fiona Reed said...

Wow, what a good man! Theresa came to my rescue too with a great pic of my friend and I in our prom outfits. Good luck and maybe I'll see you out there next year.

The Flying Bee said...

What a sweet, sweet post! So many great accomplishments. He sounds like a great guy and that pic of the two of you is adorable!

Thanks again for posting about me, I have met some new bloggy friends. I hope we can hook up in Texas for the Spring show... would love to meet you.

Smiles,
Adrienne

trash talk said...

You had me at "taught"! I have the utmost regard and respect for educators. They have the most unbelievably hardest job in the world...trying to get kids to listen and learn!
Sweet, sweet post. Maybe he needs to be a Cat Daddy, J.G.!
Debbie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How sweet! My husband is the same way and he had to learn to love not 3 but now 4 CATS!!

Gotta love'em!

Lou Cinda :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

What would we do without our great guys, boy, I never want to find out! He's a keeper, and mighty cute, too!
Debra

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Oh, that was a darling post about your cute hubby. I love it! Mine doesn't like Vintage or anything like it either.

Oh well, ya gotta love em.

come by for a visit-cindy@stitches

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Oh how sweet! Its good that we don't forget the "silent partners" in our vintage crimes! :)

What a sweetie, indeed.

HH, YOU ROCK! ;)

Ruth

Karen said...

Aren't some husbands the best?? Mine was not into my cats either, but now that we are catless he admits he misses them!! It is lovely to have their support no matter what craziness we are into!!

Anonymous said...

lol...your husband sounds just like mine. He is not into my vintage buying, collecting and selling but he does not hesitate to help me move, lug, shove, paint, fix, rewire or help with picture taking whenever I need him. :)

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

What a sweet tribute to the man of your life!!!! and here I thought mine was all that and a bag of chips!!!! Lol...Your a doll and the hubs is Fabulous! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Mindy said...

Ha! My David is the same about my antiques. Not his thing. But, since I'm his thing, he hangs around for the whole shebang. Same with cats! Neat post, Anne. ~Mindy

Free Art Printables said...

What a great guy!!! He's a keeper!

Rachel Knoblich said...

Congrats on your booth opening...it is a fun way to make money! Stop by my blog as I do the same thing. Saw you on junkmarket too!

Dawn said...

Wow, smart, athletic, handsome and carries your stuff. Can it get any better? Oh yea, puts of with the cat too. That's icing on the cake!
Hugs,
Dawn

Dreamy Whites said...

Anne,
this is such a sweet post! You are so darn cute!
Have a wonderful week!
Sending you and your husband Easter Blessings.
tAke Care,
Maria


Related Posts with Thumbnails