This time tomorrow, I'll be rolling up to Bar W Field for the experience of a lifetime!
I made the tough decision to leave the laptop at home during my week spent selling in Warrenton.
Never fear, I DO plan on taking my camera, and I'll happily share all the big show photos with y'all once I return.
But I decided that my REAL reason for tagging along with Effie and learning the ropes of being a big-shot vendor at a big-time show was NOT to sit there and blog about it.....nope, my objective is to get down and dirty, to learn how to load and unload 72 feet worth of awesome junk from Effie's trailers (packed to the rafters, I kid you not!), to learn how to set up a tent, how to deal with selling under adverse conditions (rain, anyone?), how to haggle with pickers trying to grab my awesome junk for a steal. ;-)
THAT is why I'm going to Warrenton.
Blogging will come later, make no mistake about that. But to immerse myself in the whole experience, I actually need to be present and not lost somewhere in cyberspace.
Which brings me back to the photos.
Yes, I'm taking my camera and a memory card which will hold close to 5,000 images.
But this year will be quite different than last Fall for me...for the Fall show, I was there as a shopper and had all the time in the world to make the rounds and snap pics to my heart's desire.
But as a vendor...well, I've had other vendors tell me that they generally don't get away from their space all that much to shop or to visit or to oooh and aaah over everyone elses spaces, so I guess we shall see!
Effie has assured me that I'll be able to come and go at will, but I really do feel a sense of responsibility to be there for her as much as possible.
After all, I feel like she's given me an incredible opportunity here, a chance to learn things I never would have had the chance to learn any other way....sorta like running away and joining the carnival and having a really cool, bad-ass carny to teach ya the ropes. ;-)
So to summarize:
- I'm leaving bright and early Tuesday morning for Warrenton.
- I won't be blogging or checking my e-mail for at least a week. It'll be tough, but I'll survive. ;-)
- I'll be selling and working my little heart out in Bar W Field alongside Effie. Yippee!!!
- I'll be shopping and photographing as time allows.Especially shopping!
- I will DEFINITELY be at the blog party! Just try and keep me away!
- I'll be headed back home either Monday the 29th or Tuesday the 30th.
- I'll be drawing the winner of my Paris Flea Market Giveaway on the 31st!
- I'll be moving into my new downstairs booth between April 1st-April 3rd.
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
See ya on the other side, and to all those attending, hope to meet you there!