Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Will YOU Be At The Blog Party?

I know I sure will be!

You have no idea how bummed I was that I wasn't able to stay and attend the fabulous Blog Party in Warrenton hosted by the wonderful Theresa of Garden Antqs Vintage last Fall.
I mean, everyone who was anyone was there, and this year promises to be even better!

Antique Week in Warrenton / Round Top  is almost upon us, and I'm here to give you the lowdown on one of its most highly anticipated events.

Theresa came up with the fun idea that all us bloggers attending should create our own unique name tags featuring our names and blogs...firstly, so that we'll all know who's who...and secondly, there's going to be a contest to determine who has the most creative name tag!
Fun!


Here's just a tiny peek at mine. Can't show ya all of it, at least not until the big shindig!
I've been working on it for the past week, and I really think it's turned out pretty swell. I'll let my fellow attendees decide if they agree or not!

Here's more blog party info per Theresa's blog...

Theresa will be hosting two very special guests who will be signing their articles which were recently in the fabulous Where Women Create magazine, Gina Galvin of Peacock Park Design and Jo Packham of Where Women Create.


If that's not enough for ya, Theresa has also lassoed the yummy Carol Kurtz of Cookie du Monde!
She'll be there selling her works of art cookies and petit fours. Just feast your eyes on these...






Carol will be monogramming petit fours in Theresa's booth, if you can bring yourself to eat something this beautiful!

Mar. 28th, 6pm - Blog Party, Theresa's Booth at Zapp Hall

See you there!

26 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

I'm cryin! Can you hear me down there? Big tears. Love your Miss America Banner! Can't wait to see you modeling it with your swimwear ensem! I can't believe I didn't talk to you today. I sat here waiting, but the guy was a no show with moving out his booth. phooey. Hope you have a good day off tomorrow! missed ya!
D

Anne Lorys said...

You shoulda set his crap out by the curb Deb, I'm tellin' ya. That's what I'm gonna do the end of the month if the old girl doesn't have HER stuff outta my new space. ;-)

Anne

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Anne:
Sorry I won't be at the party. It sounds like great fun!

Hope you'll stop in on Monday...Brynwood is having a party, too!

Your package will be on its way on Monday. I finished it tonight! I hope you love it, my friend.

xoxo
Donna

Kate said...

Anne,
I LOOOOVE your tag from the sneek peek!! Too fun girl, I hope that you have an awesome time with all the other gals.

Take care sweet girl
xoxo
Kate

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That sounds like one *fantastic* party!! Your name tag looks so cute! :)

~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com

DustyLu said...

Sound like tons of fun! Maybe I will try a Tag!! Your looks so cute! ~lulu

Hearts Turned said...

I love your tag, Anne--what I could see of it, anyway! Sounds like such a fun event--hope you have a blast! Can't wait to hear and see all about it!

Legacy of Love said...

Your name tag looks really nice. Hope the party is nice, would love to go one day

Love your blog and little tweeters at top of blog

Thanks for visiting my blog
God Bless,
Julie (Legacy Crafter)

Polly said...

The name tag is looking good! You are so creative! How in the world would one bring themselves to eat one of those cookies? They are works of art!!

Have fun at your shindig!

Polly

Tracey said...

Fun blog! Thanks for visiting me on my first day:)...can't wait to go through your archivves!

Theresa said...

Oh I love your name tag, I am sure yours will be the best:) I am just sick that I live so far away, it sounds like the perfect party! Hugs from Georgia my friend. Have a blessed Sunday!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Your name tag looks so nice...TX is so far away from MA...have lots of fun for me too!! Buy two cookies...one to eat and one to save!

Maggey and Jim said...

Know I will love it when finished. Love the cookies and have a wonderful time.. Wish I could be there but spirit will fly quickly..Take lots of pictures..
Maggey

Attic Rat said...

Where will you be set up? I won't be there in time for the blog party. :( I love your name tag (what I can see of it LOL) I'll be up there with my husband. I am so blessed!

Happy Hunting,
Teresa

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Anne, what fun we are going to have. Your tag is looking really great, I think you all will be winners!! So exciting.

Anne Marie said...

not me, but have fun!!

Rebecca said...

Hi Anne
I better get around more often...I didn't know about the name tag thing and yes, I am going to the blog party! woohoo I better get on that! I can't wait to see all you crazy Texas girls. It will be fun, say and what does one wear to a Texas blog party besides name tags?
Have a great Sunday
Blessings
Rebecca

julie miller said...

Hi Anne, I am SOOOO jealous!! Sounds like a ton of fun--make sure you bring home lots of great stuff and pictures galore. Your tag tease is lookin' good--good luck and have a blast for ALL of us!! Junkinjulie

Dorthe said...

Oh I wish you a wonderfull great, and funny Blog Party, your name tag, looks so beautifull, I`m looking forward séing the rest
Anne,---I would not be able to put those sweet cookien into my mouth!!!!

xo Dorthe

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

Someone had that idea at Farm Chicks last year {shame on me for not remembering who...} and the results were STUNNING! SO many girls showed up with their blog badges on, all foofy and sparkly. Most of them were as big as horse show award ribbons!! Yours is just lovely - have fun in Texas!

Deb @ Retreat

savvycityfarmer said...

... ramping up here, too for some SALES!!!

maybe after they're finished I'll be moving to Texas where all the fun is

Gina at Vintage Junk in my Trunk said...

ooh, your name tag looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see the whole thing and hear about your adventures. Have fun!
Gina

Maggey and Jim said...

Love the button and the Paris things,, Have a great time..
Maggey

wherewomencreate said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about WHERE WOMEN CREATE. I am so excited about the blog party - I haven't been to Round Top for 10 years. I am planning on having a wonderful time!
See you there!
My best always
Jo Packham
WHERE WOMEN CREATE

Fifi Flowers said...

J'adore those cookies!!!

Charlene said...

I'm Soooooooooooooooo Jealous! No, darn it I won't be there but, I am in spirit. Have fun. Charlene


Related Posts with Thumbnails