Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Red Door Antiques at Country Living Austin


Happy Monday!

I've got a lot of irons in the fire these days,
so I'm running a little behind 
in getting my photos posted
from my trip to the most excellent
Country Living Fair in Austin last month.

But where better to start than with the
fabulously talented folks from
Tricia and Jerry.

Based out of Eddyville, Kentucky,
they describe themselves as
" Antiques & Uniques: 
A blend of Country, Urban, Industrial, 
Architectural, Garden & Quirky! "

Me?
I just call them plain old wonderful!


Their collection of vintage ephemera is
pretty much unrivaled anywhere,
at least to my mind.



A little of this,
a darlin' little bit of that...



And then there are 
the flash cards.


Lawdy Mercy, did I mention 
flash cards ???

Uh yeah, they've got a few.



Pretty much any and every 
word under the sun, no doubt.


And not just words, no sirree,
they've got vintage pricing cards...


old political propaganda...


pretty much something for everyone,
to my mind!


And all styled with finesse and grace
by the beautiful Tricia...


Along with the always smiling,
word wrangler supreme, Jerry.

Great folks, and I can guarantee you that this
talented team hasn't seen the last of me!
I'm a fan for life now!

35 US Hwy 641 North, Eddyville, KY 42038
red_door@bellsouth.net

More Country Living Show images
in the days ahead, along with more photos
our country farmhouse...

and news about
seven new magazine features I have 
in the pipeline and scheduled for publication 
during the upcoming Summer, Fall and Winter months.

Lots of exciting stuff going on,
but only so many hours in the day,
so.....
Today's post is brought to you by
the letter "P" for patience.
{ grin }

Love y'all!




21 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

you transported me right there!!!


xoxox

Alice said...

Wow, look at all that fabulous stuff! Too bad it's so far away from me (or maybe it's a good thing since I don't need to be spending more money). Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful day!

NanaDiana said...

My gosh- What a great place! I LOVE those vintage flash cards. I guess i am at the age where I would be a collectible, too! Blessings to you, sweet Anne! xo Diana

Cottage and Broome said...

Wish I could have gone! Your pictures are wonderful, Laura

Theresa said...

Oh yeah baby! Looks like loads of good shopping:) Have a blessed Memorial Day my friend, HUGS!

flowerlady464 said...

Fabulous stuff! Can't wait to see more!

Debra@CommonGround said...

the word flashcards are my pick! and honey, you need to clone yourself!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Paper goodies call to me!
It's fun to see the prices too.
Warmly,
deb

Anne said...

Anne,
This is my kind of stuff :-).And plenty of it too.Great photos of all those yummy treasures.
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Missy said...

Oh. My. I can only hope that I will get there some day! And those flashcards, can be so sweet. A dear friend gave me three, saying: "Alice danced all day." Alice is my Mom's name and I display those cards proudly in my china hutch with vintage dishes similar to some she collected. Your photos are SO dreamy!


(Just a heads-up, watch our blog and as it reaches 1,000 followers we will be having a giveaway...which includes a subscription to FOLK and other yummies too! www.junk-fest.blogspot.com )

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Loved all your fun photos!!

Polly said...

great photos! I sold a big box of flash cards on Ebay for a pretty penny last year and they went to Texas....I wonder if this is where they landed!

E. Charlotte said...

I would be in heaven at this place!!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Incredible!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

The shot with the airplane cards is just too cool.

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Great stuff!! So glad you shared with us!

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

I got to see them in Springfield Ohio. Amazing booth!

Unknown said...

OH my! Love this. I'd be in big trouble in their booth!

Urban Farmgirl said...

Holy cow, girlie...you are BUSY!! I love old paper...especially old business cards. Everything had such style back then. I mean seriously, when is the last time you saw a price in the grocery store that was pretty??

And thanks for the comment on my photo from Nada Farm. It is one of the *rare* times I let a photo of myself get leaked out. That one was beyond my control! Lol! You are just too sweet!

Mary

Beatnheart said...

It’s been awhile...I’ve been busy! hope all is going well and things are on the up and up...looking good from where I sit...have a beautiful summer...
Cynthia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You are busy and I'm sure lovin' every minute!
Loving those flash cards!
Have a wonderful day!


Related Posts with Thumbnails