Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back


The big move to the new and improved booth downstairs?
The one I talked about HERE not even a week ago?
Not gonna happen, at least not yet.


It's a long and circuitous story, but basically,
the gal whose booth I was going to take over downstairs was going to move
to a larger booth (which I don't want).
Her deal fell through, so basically, she's staying put in the booth I was going to move into.
The antique mall owners were very apologetic and said they'll let me know
the minute something else opens up.
No biggie, there's actually a part of me that's sorta relieved.
As much as I'm all for boosting sales,
I wasn't looking forward to transferring what amounts to the contents
of a small apartment downstairs in less than a month.
I think I'd rather wait until after Warrenton, if at all possible.


Ahhh yes, Warrenton.
Which brings me to part deux of what's been on my mind of late.

For those not in the know, twice a year, Spring and Fall,
these sleepy little (and I do mean LITTLE!) farming communities
become home to what is known as Antique Weekend.

This is an event of truly biblical proportions...it is a huge gathering of antique and collectible vendors from across the USA and even abroad. Tens upon tens of thousands of folks descend upon about a half-dozen tiny Texas towns at a point roughtly halfway betwixt Austin and Houston. Most of the shows are to be found along Hwy 237 in the towns of Round Top, Warrenton and Carmine, but there's much to be seen in the surrounding areas as well.

I think that there's a misconception that I'm a much bigger whoop than I actually am,
and maximus mea culpa for contributing to or perpetuating that notion.
Yes, I will be in Warrenton in the Spring. Yes, I will be selling.
But this ain't my rodeo. I'm hitchin' my wagon to the inimitable Effie,
who is a seasoned vet of the Big Show and hardly needs the likes of me to boost her sales.


That's me and Effie on the left, one of the absolute sweetest, 
most generous ladies I have the privilege of knowing. 
She is graciously allowing me to meet up with her in Warrenton, 
help her set up, sell some of my wares with hers, and BONUS, 
I get to stay with her at her Mom's! 
All that for a rookie seller who doesn't even merit a first floor antique mall booth.  ;-)

 
(Hi Debra!)

So while I will be thrilled to see all my bloggy friends in Bar W Field, 
come primarily just to say hi to me, but to BUY from Effie. 
She'll be the big dog there, I'll just be the wet nosed pup hoping to learn a trick or two. 
Come Fall, God willing, maybe I'll break out on my own 
and set up my own tent during Antiques Week. 
Who knows, by that time I may have even been deemed worthy 
of that first floor space!


Toodles for tonight!

25 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Anne:
You're so gracious! It does sound like your truly relieved. If that is the case, I'm happy for you. Your time will come and then they won't know what hit 'em!
xoxo
Donna

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Oh, gosh...I meant "you're"...I hate typos!

Bunnym said...

I don't know what Warenton is but it sounds exciting and I hope you and Effie do very well.
As far as the big girl booth goes...I believe things happen for a reason and perhaps that was just a dress rehearsal for the big show. Go get em' in Warrenton!

tootles,
bunny

Kate said...

Anne

You are such a doll and such a sweet spirit. Warrenton look out Anne is coming to town.

Wonderful post as always and inspiring

Your friend sending the biggest hugs

Kate

Debra@CommonGround said...

Annie dear, you are one of the most honest, down to earth people I know. You make me laugh every time I come over here, you wet nosed pup, you! And that little spotted lambie is adorable! Thank you, darlin'! Stay warm!
Debra

Sheila said...

You know this is a sign to slow down a bit... I know the perfect spot will open up and you'll be like... thank goodness the plan went down like this ;) I hope you have a fabulous time at W and sell everything and come home with all sorts of treasures. Enjoy the rest of your week,

sheila

Theresa said...

You are gonna get that first floor space... when the time is just right:) You have sooooo much energy and can't wait to hear more about Warrenton! Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a great event this spring my dear! What a treat too!

But this is a blessing indeed... hold yer panties cause something better is just around the corner!!! Oh, I love the wee 'hi' there for debra.. you sneek you.

Love you lots my dear and the shop has some great thinks in it!

~Olivia

Unknown said...

Things happen for a reason. That just wasn't the right spot. You do sound a bit relieved to not have to make that move right now.
Warenton sounds like fun. Wish I could go. That's the problem with blogging, you find out about all these shows and can't possibly go. And Florida doesn't have too many shows.
I'm sure you will do well. Have fun!

Donna Reyne' said...

I know I heard the comment as I was making my way down the page..."This is a sign to slow down a bit?!?!"
A... yeah...I believe we just had this discussion.
About BOTH of us...
I think it would do you some good to wait for the rodeo.
But...too funny about being wet behind the ears!
I love it when you talk in metaphors!

Have a wonderful day...I will be thinking about you...donna

Six divided by two..... said...

I cannot wait for Warrenton!! I'm already hyped up !! Well, at least you won't have to go to the booth you didn't want. God has a way of working these things out huh? I know that you will get what you want. Lylas

Lee said...

You already know...God is in control.
Love that little lamb, and toy soldier.
take it easy.
Lee

Abatevintage said...

What a wonderful picture of you and Effie, I am sorry to hear about the booth, but you said it will happen in due time. I pray it works out to the speed and at the time you need.

God bless,



?´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´??¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´? Heidi ?)

red.neck chic said...

Well ladybug - everything happens for a reason and I'm with Theresa - when the time is right!!! And when the time is right, I'll come help you move your small apartment. LOL I had a dear friend do that for me, and I would love to pay-it-forward! Just keep me on task after showing me sparkles...

In the meantime - I've never been to Warrenton! I know, right? Can you believe it?!!? Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh - don't tell nobodys.

BUT!!! This year - I'm there!!! I'm figurin' one of you guys will find me something to do to keep me out of trouble!!! ha ha!!!

I'm lusting over the napkin rings as I type... I keep scrolling back up mid-word.

;-) Robelyn

The Feathered Nest said...

You are such a smart cookie!!!! To share with a pro is a wonderful idea Anne, you will learn the ropes from a seasoned pro and save yourself from learning things the hard way. Effie sounds like an angel to take you under her wing too!! It's good you're not worrying about the larger space too ~ everything happens for a reason....have a wonderful day sweet friend!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

That will be a great experience...how nice of her to be guiding you like that!!!

Coco said...

I will be in Wharington this Spring, shopping not selling. Obviously!

I will track you down.

The Flying Bee said...

It will all work out! No doubt about it! Can't wait to talk again!

xo,
Adrienne

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Anne,

Things happen for a reason and you are gracious about not worrying about the space downstairs.
What an exciting time having a space with Effie.
I hope it goes well for you both and have fun.

Hugs
Carolyn

trash talk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trash talk said...

I left a comment, but I got my mords wixed, so let's try this again.
Kiddo, timing is everything and your time is coming. Keep praying and plowing that field, 'cause when God says it's time to move, you'll be ready and rarin'!
It takes a lot of mdse. to do the "big show", so maybe this is a really good thing...ya know?
Start picking out your best to take and hang onto your hat!
From the Mutt to the Wet Put!

trash talk said...

Dang it, PUP, I meant PUP! See what I mean? I really need a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I agree , that booth will be yours when the timing is right. I am Soooo envious of you being at Warrenton , it is my dream vacation.

Merry Christmas!
Sue

Sarah said...

I've been going to Round Top Antique Show since it's beginnings when it was just the one show Emma Lee sponsored. Hope to see you there in the spring. ~ Sarah

Texas Junque Slinger said...

I think we will have sooooo much fun at the Big W!!!!..... Looking forward to it already!


Related Posts with Thumbnails