Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Sweetest of Sisters


I was born an only child, I think most of you know that.
I have often wondered through the years what form a sister might take...
Would she be wise and giving and loving?
Would she be faith-filled, inspiring and encouraging?
Would she be beautiful and talented and tireless?

If so, she would be my most beloved blogging sister
Debra of Common Ground.


 

Sweet Debra sent me a care package last week filled with love and work 
from her own hands, including the gorgeous handmade vintage ornament shown above. 
Just because. It wasn't my birthday, it was just what a sweet sister does when she is led of the Lord. 
And this particularly lady is most definitely led.

She has begun a bible study on her second blog, A Day in the Life
which is reaching hurting souls, those in need of healing, 
those whose faith might have grown cold, and those searching for answers. 
 Debra welcomes all, regardless of denominational affiliation.

Going back to the package she sent, Debra didn't just send an ornament, she also sent this...



 

She made me a simply stunning bejeweled necklace 
from a skeleton key and I am absolutely in love with it!
Yes, because  it is beautiful, 
but moreso because of the beautiful soul who thought to give it to me.

If you don't know Debra already, you need to. 
She will welcome you with open arms on either of her blogs, 
and best of all, she's someone who will say they'll pray for you and actually mean it!

Debra, I thank you so much, 
and I am proud to call you my sweetest of sisters!


26 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Oh that is so lovely, sweet Debra she is truly a wonderful blogger.

I loved the pictures.

.•:*¨¨*:•.Blessings*¨2 U 4¨**¨¨*the holidays .•:*¨¨*:•.

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Inspired Comblogulations said...

I love Debra, eternal sisters!
We all have lots of spiritual sisters, aint' that grand.
Lee

trash talk said...

I would love to meet Debra face to face. When and if I ever get to, I know when I look into her eyes, I'll be seeing her heart.
Debbie

red.neck chic said...

Oh Anne, what a wonderful care package - and from the Beautiful Debra!!! I think we are allowed to adopt sisters - want me to help you file the paperwork? I betcha she wouldn't object to calling YOU her sister!!! We need to move her to Texas... think she would object to that?

;-)
Have a good one!!!
Robelyn

P.S. - I just got your email!!! Trouble a'plenty FOR SURE!!!
;-D

Sarah said...

What a beautiful post! It's wonderful beyond words to have a sister like this (which I do!) and to have those friends who feel just like a sister (and I'm fortunate to have those too!). I'm one lucky lady! Thanks for introducing me to Debra. I'm off to visit her blogs....Sarah

Unknown said...

It sure would be nice to pick our sisters. She sounds like a good one. What a nice thing for her to do. It makes me think.

Anonymous said...

Awe.. what a sweetiepoo she is! Mind if I stand in line too? I'll have to drop by her blog to say hello.

Hope all is well my dear!

~Oli

Theresa said...

I love her too and she is in my sidebar and in my heart:) Sweet gifts from a sweet soul! Love it all and all of you!

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

Congrats on those goodies! Debra is one divine soul. ~Mindy

Six divided by two..... said...

Oh that is such a blessing. I love Debra she is an awesome woman of God and prayer warrior. Your care package is beautiful!!!

Junk Exchange said...

beautiful words from a beautiful soul!

isn't the bloggin world wonderful .. i love how we are drawn to one another ..

troy

and congrats on your 100th post .. i hit 50 yesterday .. lol!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a blessing to have a sweet friend like her! What a special package she sent you!!

Unknown said...

Hey Anne. Well it seems your one of the many of us who LOVE Debra! Isn't she the most wonderful caring person you know. I love her to death. She makes you feel loved and cared for like you've know her your whole life. Her bible study means so much to me. Everything she sent you is almost as precious as she is, you lucky girl.

Hugs...Tracy

Debra@CommonGround said...

OK, I'm balling now...off to find my telephone. Love you so much dear Anne. You have just blessed me beyond words, but dang it... I hope that necklace isn't cockeyed!!! I'm thinkin' that halfway from my house to yours is probably Debbie's house so we should invite ourselves soon and just have a party!
Do you think Cat Daddy could stand all three of us at once? I guess we better ask Debbie...Te he!
Hugs and squeezes,
me

LuLu said...

Just beautiful and what a wonderful "sister" you have! Such a blessing,
xo,
LuLu

LuLu Kellogg said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh how wonderful you got "love mail"....what a sweet person she must be!

I love the necklace!

LuLu~*xoxo

June said...

Oh Anne what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady. Such beauty she has made for you. I'm am happy to call her friend. As I am you.
Hugs,
June

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

How sweet...such a lovely post! Here's to good friends!!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Cynthia K. said...

Beautiful post! Loving and tender. I really love her gifts to you. I think you are both terrific and fun and a blessing.

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such a blessing to receive unexpected treasures made with love. Beautiful gifts from a beautiful soul! Blessings, :) Tammy

Auntie Cake said...

I love her also! So sweet, that girl! Glad you found a treasure in your mailbox. Nothing better than an unexpected gift, Debra herself is the best gift!
Kate

Zita said...

What beautiful, heartfelt gifts from such a warm and kind blogging sister. Isn't Debra wonderful?!!

Bluebird said...

what a sweetheart Debra is! and she is TALENTED...does she have an Etsy shop?! if not, we need to convince her! thanks for sharing this lovely post!

Tarnished Rose said...

The ornament & necklace are great. How nice & sweet of her to send them to you!

Smiles~
Marilyn

Journal Swag said...

Beautiful, and what a sweet thing to do!

Hugs,
Sheila


Related Posts with Thumbnails