Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A New Way to Follow Fiona and Twig!


Many thanks to my beautiful friends Heather and Vanessa
from At The Picket Fence  for allowing me to re-post
this great post with just a few tweaks!

{ my hallway vignette }

As you’ve probably heard, 
the popular Google Friend Connect (“GFC”) is going away March 1st 
for non-Google blog platforms like Wordpress and Typepad,
and the scuttlebutt is that it will be eventually phased out completely 
to be replaced by  Google+.  (now don't panic yet!!) 

GFC was never really so much an “I follow this blog” tool 
as it was an attempt at the whole Facebook “friend, like” concept. 
Now we are being asked to join Google+ but have found 
like many of you it can be difficult to navigate.  

Bloggers know a good “follower” tool is really needed
and we’d like to have one that is not tied to a million other services
(seems like Facebook, Twitter and Google are linked to everything else on the Internet).
 One that we can use JUST to keep track of our favorite blogs! 

  Those who use Linky Tools and know the owner/creator (Brent Riggs),
realized he would be perfect for developing some kind of
really easy to use “follower” system.
So Heather and Vanessa contacted him, and he loved the idea.

The gals over At The Picket Fence along with a few other bloggers
were involved with the "Beta Testing" of this fabulous new tool!!
And boy did they give it a run for it's money...
and Brent graciously listened to every suggestion,
question and concern they had!
So without further ado I want to introduce you to:




Brent has created a FREE (and we all love FREE) service 
that a group of bloggers have tested and helped develop. 
He has just recently launched this, and you’re among 
the first to be invited to try it out!

Don’t let a bug or an “oops” hurt your first impression. 
You’re being invited to be some of the first users 
of this great new tool, and your feedback will help him 
iron out any problems very quickly.  
Just contact Brent (brent@brentriggs.com)… he is great about fixing things fast.



But, there are already so many amazing options!  
You can group blogs by Favorites, Everyday and General and even Custom Groups.  
You can create a Blogroll that includes Blogs 
that DO NOT have Linky Followers but that you like to keep tabs on, 
and you can highlight a Featured Follower!! 


One last thing, the inevitable question:
Can my GFC followers be automatically moved over? NO.
Google won’t allow access to those accounts but more importantly,
YOU really shouldn’t sign up someone to a new service.

They should voluntarily sign up themselves.
You’ll need to ask your GFC folks (and all your blog readers)
to follow you using Linky Followers but its easy, quick and did I mention, free?  
They’ll love the tool. It’s  a cool way to organize and follow the blogs you love.

You can get started by FOLLOWING ME from my Linky Followers widget on this page… 


 
or you can locate it on my sidebar 
right below the Google Friend Connect widget!
 
I want to invite MY friends here at Fiona and Twig to give it a test try.  
Just start by clicking on the “Follow Me” option and it will walk you through this easy process! 

So please sign up to follow me by clicking my Linky Tools widget
right where it says "Follow Me Via Linky".
I have SO many great things planned for 2012, 
I'd hate for you to miss out!
And don't forget, you can still follow me
the old way, too...for now.

To learn more about this great new tool,
visit THIS post from Heather and Vanessa.

Happy Wednesday!





28 comments:

Pieced Pastimes said...

I have become a follower via the new linky tool. If you have a chance to visit, stop by and perhaps become a follower on my new linky tool as well. Have a Wonderful Day.

Alice said...

I'm off to work in a few minutes. I'll have to check this out when I get home. I love the idea of having all my favorite blogs in ONE place! Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

WEll I did it but my head is spinning. I'm not very good with this kind of stuff. Thanks Anne for the update. I will get it! Can you follow me too? Please?

Paula Parrish said...

Awesome, I am going to add the “Linky” followers box to my blog. Thanks for the tip and information.
Smiles, Paula

Susie said...

I feel doomed !!!! Just begining blogging and I don't even know how to set it up without my daughter's help....now so much more.Yikes :(:(
Have fun, Susie

Sherri B. said...

There have been so many worried bloggers out there...thank you sooo much Anne for sharing this with us. I have just signed up and am off to check the email to finish it up. Have a great day.

Anne said...

I signed up on your linky.I just put this on my blog as well.I am new to blogging so this is perfect timing for me.

Joanna said...

Thank you for explaining this so well - I'm now all Linky'd up to your blog!

Little Leslie said...

Ok I did it, thanks,
Leslie

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Following you over there too :)

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi all! Thanks Anne for spreading the word! You're the best! I've emailed Anne to let her know, that the linky box in her post is OURS (just a little mistake) of course we'd love you to follow us too....wink. wink. ;) but to follow Anne be sure to click on HER Linky Follower widget in her sidebar! Also, please visit us for our latest post on the subject if you need a FULL tutorial on how to use Linky Followers. It has so many neat features. We're happy to answer any questions you have.

Blessings!
Heather

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Anne! I just signed up! Glad we have another good option now. You are now in my Linky Friends favorites! :)
Michelle

pballard said...

Hi Anne,
following you on linky, if you will return the favor.. that sounded bad, i mean you followed me on google so if you will swap over as well. Thanks Pam

Shannon said...

Following you now via the Linky tool. I've got it added to my sidebar as well.

See you Friday!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Anne:
Thanks so much for telling us about the new Linky Friends tool. I had no idea, although I already am a Linky client. I've added my name to your list and hope you'll reciprocate at Brynwood. I'm going to send you a private email now.
Thanks again!
Donna

Alison Agnew said...

lovin' the new followers tool
and now following you
on Linky Followers!

alison

Olive said...

Following you via Linky. I am very happy with it and really glad it has no connection to social media cause I am not a fan of that.

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Hi Anne~~ Now following you on Linky Tools. I also have that on my side bar. I am a relatively new blogger and just when I think I was getting the hang of it all, they change it up:)
Have a good night
~Cheryl
Fresh Vanilla For C

Daydream Living said...

Hi Anne for this great post! I heard the news, but you described it really well, so I will follow along on there too! Thanks again, Maureen xx

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Thanks for the information Anne! I will look into this for sure.
Sounds like you are doing great - congrats on the great feature in Romantic Living. :)
I was in Dallas last month for my husband's brother's wedding. One of these trips I'll have to venture out to your area for all the wonderful shopping and such. I have no idea how far you are from Dallas, so some hubby-persuasion might be in order! :)
- Susan

Blessed Serendipity said...

Following you both ways.

Danielle

Barbara Jean said...

don't you have to have it on your blog in order to follow on someone elses??
I just do not think I can think straight enough right now to do anything new.

hugs
barb

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Thanks Anne ~ this was very easy to do!!

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Another thing to throw at my web designer....What? How? Where? I'm sure he can do this for me. LOL
(Gee, what's that button "thingy" I see???? ;) ;)
Huge hugs xo

Okio B Designs said...

Oh my! I had no idea this was going on. I definitely have to take some time to look into the hows of doing this. I'm just completely stunned by the changes!

Jeanine

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Will it stay free? The Linky tool used to be free and now it's not . . . .

jeanne@juNxtaposition said...

ok..so really ? am i the only one who has NO CLUE what you are talking about??? everyone said you explained it so well. but sorry...i dont get this at all??? i have clicked the 'follow' button on blogs..only to let them know i read them, but i now use my 'blogroll' to actually read them??? help me...(i'm sure i'm not the only one....)


Related Posts with Thumbnails