file:///C:/Users/anne/Downloads/pinterest-1e765%20(2).html

Click to Visit Me At The Links Below

My Photography Website

Join Me On Pinterest

Thursday, February 16, 2012

What Really Matters


 { From one year ago...
This home we almost lost last January, 
our old house,
is now under contract,
as we have finally sold it 
and should close on it soon. This post serves as a
potent reminder of all that is precious and important
in my life. }


It had been done a hundred times before.
This time it turned out different.





My husband took some trash out to burn in our fire pit.
Just some cardboard and some magazines.

I even had him check this morning
to make sure the burn ban was not in effect.

And a short time later I heard him yell from outside for help...





The flames had jumped the pit and were out of control.

The medical person in me reacted in a triage fashion:

Call 911...


 Make sure the animals are okay....

Move the cars so the fire trucks could get inside the gate...

Rush back outside to help him put out the flames.




 We are still in our "old" house way out in the country.
It took the volunteer fire trucks almost 20 minutes to arrive.
Twenty long minutes, and I thought for sure
our home would be engulfed in flames before they got there.

But arrive they did.
All four of them.




 Our siding on the back side of our home was burned,
and the flames came right up to the house.
We both inhaled a fair amount of smoke,
and I have some burns on my feet.

However....


 we are safe.




 Winnie is safe inside.


Havok and Belle are safe
around to the side of the house.

And we still have a home.
And our lives.

I am shaken beyond belief, but so grateful, 
as I know that we came very. very close to losing everything today.
Everything materially, that is.

I'll be away for a bit as I process what happened today.
{ this was last year, remember...time off was taken }

Giving thanks to God above....



19 comments:

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

So grateful all turned out well. We've had a similar experience years ago. Like you, live out in the country, etc. It is frightening and sobering.

I certainly understand you wanting to take time to ponder the recent events.

Rejoicing it all turned out well.

V

Theresa said...

I remember that happening, hugs and much thanks all turned out well! Love you!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Anne,
Thank God you are all ok and the fire didn't reach your house. I am happy that you all are safe.

blessings.
Danielle

Strawberries and Sweet Love said...

Oh my! I'm so glad your all ok! Very scary! God was definately watching you and your family. xoxo

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I remember how scary this was.
I hope you are doing well Anne!
Love
Kristin

Bee happy said...

Thank goodness you are all ok and safe.

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

misselaineous said...

i am so glad your story had a safe ending...i had goosebumps while reading it. i, too, live out in the boonies, with 5 acres of woods right next door. my husband burned in his burn pit quite often. i am just not comfortable with it and recently had an old burn pile removed by a friend with a big truck. *e*

Sue said...

And in a year, look how far you have come with your "home"!!

Take care,
Sue

Creations By Cindy said...

Praise the Lord for His extra dose of mercy and grace! We lost our home and everything we owned but the clothes we had on in 1984 and I've never forgotten it. But even in the midst of that....my God supplied our every need. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Richard Cottrell said...

Oh there is nothing more scary than a fire, things can change on a dime. Glad it all worked out. Stay safe. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Maggie Ann said...

How frightening! I'm so glad to hear your house was saved...and your pets. I hope your burns heal quickly and that the Lord helps your heart to heal as well from the shock...and stress.

kerrie of sea cottage said...

I do not remember this happening...and am a bit confused. Was it with your old house that you were still trying to sell so you could completely move into the new one your in?

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Girl, this has been a loooong year for you. So glad you're in your new place and "life" is back on track. just wonderin', will you be putting in a new pool? I know, bein' a smarty pants. love ya, XoXo te he.

Urban Farmgirl said...

Oh my girl, I remember this! Every once in a while it pops into my mind...I don't know why that happens random things just jump in any 'ol time...lol! How scary for you, and I still am just so thankful no one was hurt...and all the fur babies were safe, too! Such a scary thing!

I just can't believe it was a year ago, my how time flies!

Mary

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Still so very scary. GOD was truly watching over all of you, thankfully!

Vicki said...

I remember this post. It was so scary to read. I'm glad the house is finally sold.

Jody and Stan said...

I'm so glad your house was not burned and you were not hurt. It must have been frightening to go through that. Sending safe thoughts your way.


Jody

A Cottage Muse said...

Oh I remember this Anne...so glad nobody was seriously hurt!
I'm sure the good memories will out weigh this bad one of your old homestead!

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

I can't even imagine going through this...how scary! So happy that you were all spared from harm from last year's fire.

Related Posts with Thumbnails