Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My House, Coming to a Newsstand Near You....


 It's a done deal.

I've shot all the photos,
the magazine has sent me an extensive list
of interview questions, which I have answered
and returned.

Now we wait.
It's coming...but I can't say who or when,
just yet.

What I can  do is share some photos
with you that won't be in the issue,
which will be the biggest peek I've given y'all
of our home to date.

{ double click photos to super-size }

It's been a long time coming,
and I've intentionally held off on sharing
too many photos of our 1910 farmhouse.

I knew there was interest in having it published,
I just wanted to make sure I waited for the right
combination of publication, project and editor.

And I have to say that I'm thrilled
with how it's all worked out!

Until the day ( very, very soon! )
that the issue hits the stands,
here are some sneaks with some
random tidbits about what you're
looking at in each photo.


Our living room.
My almost sacred Carol Hicks Bolton sofa.
Had you told me when I purchased this in 1997
that I would one day be Carol's website photographer,
I would have deemed you insane.
How the world turns.

And the wall of mirrors.
I've added a few more since this photo was taken.


The perspective from the sofa.
How many times I threatened to just toss
that 1990s era Broyhill armoire!
Or paint it at least.
But with a change of knobs, I find that I sorta
like the Shaker simplicity amidst all
the swirly, girly lines in the room.


The other side of the living room.
The settee, aka "Winnie's settee."
The cat claimed the mini-sofa as her own
from the moment it entered the house.

You see the photos on the wall
behind the standing birdcage?
Some of my photo gallery of my
published work. This particular month I was
featuring my work at Laboratoire de Design.

The nifty woven burlap curtain panels?
Scored at Rose Hicks' garage sale last year!


The hallway,
which is large enough to actually qualify
as a room.

My dental cabinet houses religious art,
as well as assorted other pretties.

I've mixed this area up quite a bit
since this photo was taken, but the feel
is still very much the same.
Open, light, airy.
And welcoming. 

I strive to create a
welcoming atmosphere within these walls.


Farther down the hallway,
headed towards the front door.

Fabulous vintage cabinet scored for $50
on a local Facebook garage sale page.


Outtake from the dining room shoot.
Winnie, the ultimate photobomber.

I can't share much more of the dining area,
as this will be extensively featured
in the magazine.


Our Master bedroom.
Wonderful footboard bench with iron handles
on either side.

Antique lace coverlet on the bed,
a mere peek at blue Bella Notte 
pillowcases and shams at the head of the bed.


From the moment I saw this awning,
I knew it had to be mounted over our bed.

Ruffle shams from Urban Outfitters ( cheap! ),
 headboard scarves from various 
local clothing boutiques.

Smocked sheer drapes behind the bed,
with a delicate and fragile, tea-stained,
vintage lace evening gown hung
in front to provide a warm contrast.


To the left of the bed,
framed child's dress as art.

It is graced with an 
exquisite handmade bracelet
at the neckline, created by 
Janet Hicks Proch...
daughter of Rose, sister of Carol, and a wonderfully
gifted designer in her own right.


My bathroom wall.
Only a very, very small portion of my
ever-expanding collection of 
Magnolia Pearl clothing.

I'd guesstimate that I've added upwards
of 30 pieces since I shot these photos,
and my collection was fairly good sized then.
It's so addictive!


 And hanging directly above the throne,
the potty, the toilet...
one of my many birdcages, just one of about
100 different things I collect...

old cameras,
enamelware,
seltzer bottles,
framed rose prints,
wasp nests,
old chairs,
clocks,
mirrors,
parasols,
suitcases,
buttons,
ticking pillows....

Is it a sickness?
If so, I'm quite happy with the diagnosis,
and not the least bit interested
in seeking treatment!

I sense I'm preaching to the choir here, though.

:-)

More news as to who, where and when
you can grab the magazine featuring
the rest of our home, coming soon!

Next up,
heading to the fields of Warrenton tomorrow,
to do a photo shoot for a client who
creates the most delectable bedding
I've ever laid eyes upon.

Happy Weekend!




linking with


32 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

A big congratulations to you, sweetie! Your farmhouse has come a long way since I was last here (as well as your photography and journalistic career!). As you say on your sidebar, true vintage Texas! Your style is so unique...well, I just can't say enough about it. I am so happy for you and I will be the first in line to get a copy of the publication! Good going!

XO,
Jane

Kate said...

Girl you are the most awesome!!! I can't wait to see it in person!!! Its so absolutely gorgeous!!!!

You are the brightest shiny star!!!

love you
kate
xoxo

Debra@CommonGround said...

oh that Winnie, she knows how to style a tablescape. Love her settee, too! can't wait to see this! xoxo

Unknown said...

Anne , I am so happy for you ! What a dream come true ! I can't wait to see the publication . I have decided to save my money for a new camera , I just can't get a good picture from the point and click I have . It's my dream to have my home in a decorator magazine .So I think I have to start with learning to take better photos. Hopefully it will make my blog better too .

Unknown said...

I love it all! You are unbelievable.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your home has such a warm, earthy vibe, Anne. I'll be anxiously awaiting the mag reveal.

**Anne** said...

Congratulations Anne and thank you for giving a us a sneaky peek into your gorgeous house. It's beautiful.
Have fun with your next photo shoot.
Anne xx

20 North Ora said...

Can't wait to see the magazine article! Beautiful home.

Judy

Anne said...

Congratulations on your feature!Your photography is amazing!And I love your style!Your home is beautiful!!!Thank you so much for sharing.Cannot wait to see this in print!! So funny Winnie jumping in the shot LOL! Our Tabitha does the same thing.Why must they always want attention when you are taking photos.But when you want to take there photo they hide????
xx
Anne

BECKY said...

I think it's so awesome that your home is going to be featured! It is so full of character and so well styled! Just love it all Anne! What a joy for you, I'm sure!

Thanks for giving us a peek! The rest will be fabulous! Can't wait to see it all!
Hugs,
Becky

NanaDiana said...

I SO love coming here to see what you are up to! What a wonderful, wonderful thing and I can't wait to see/hear where you are going to be featured. You are not only talented-you are sweet and humble. Those usually don't go hand in hand- xo Diana

stefanie said...

oooooooohhhhhh, gorgeous!

Sue said...

You know a lot of people only "dream" of things like having their photography published, or fixing up an old farm house some day and have it featured in a magazine. And many would think, "gee, it must be nice". But what I know, and I know you know it too, NOTHING that you have accomplished would have been possible with countless hours of hard work! So big PROPS to you my friend. I'm proud of you ;0)

Take care, Sue

HeARTworks said...

Congratulations! Your house is charming! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Theresa said...

Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your beautiful home! Can't wait to snag that publication when it is available:) Have a blessed Sunday, HUGS!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

A BIG Congratulations, Anne! I've love this glimpse into your home and am looking forward to the upcoming feature!

lynn said...

Oh my since I followed your blog, I fell in love with your Texas farmhouse with a twist style! You can just tell it has that Texas flavor, can't find that anywhere else. (I am a transplanted Texan but Texan always) I even copied you a bit when I ordered the repro black market hand-sign! You take absolutely the most gorgeous photos and I cannot wait to enjoy many hours savoring the whole feature. Sure hope its one mag I subscribe to as specific ones are hard to find in my rural area. Congrats!!!!

Sisters Treasures said...

Congrats on the photo shoot feature, can't wait to find out the magazine. I'm sure I'll be buying it fresh off the press. All of your house looks fantastic.
Have fun in Warrenton.
Betsy

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Thanks for the sneak peek! Great photos...will be looking forward to the magazine to see more!:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Anne - you deserve all of it - you've worked so hard! I can't wait to see what is ahead for you. Hugs!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Anne - your home is gorgeous! You have so many unique items and wonderful ways of high-lighting them! So beautiful and warm and inviting! Congrats on being featured in a magazine - can't wait to find out all the details and see the issue! Hugs, Leena

Katey said...

Can't wait to see more. Your home looks wonderful. Lovely!!! Congratulations!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

sOo0o EXCITED for you!!!!!! Your home is so gorgeous:) Can't wait to see it in print::)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Burlap Luxe said...

Anne,
It's all so aged and relaxed with the best of beauty, your sofa reminds me of one I had about 4 yeas ago wish I had never let it go. Love your soulful blend and agree with you that the shaker armoir is perfect with a simple change of hardware. My mothers house is full of shaker pieces maybe I should go kidnap a piece, you inspire girl.

Can't wait to see you page after page, so deservingly so.

Have a beautiful week, let it inspire you with more of the beauty you capture in photos.

Xox
Doré

andrea@townandprairie said...

I will be scouring the newsstands every week until I get my hands on this! Congrats, I await your lovely photos-- they will be consumed with a bag of bon bons on the side!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Anne,

I just noticed your list of things you collect, and the one that stood out is wasp nests. I have three I've collected, and I really can't fit them in anywhere.......would you like them? If so, please send me your address to my email (meriw@cox.net) and I'd be happy to send them off to you. If you want piccy's first, let me know.

Congratulations on your upcoming spread, I can't wait to see/hear about it.

Hugs,
Meri

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Your home looks so comfy cozy, can't wait to see it in print! Congrats!!

Tricia said...

Congratulations to you!! Beautiful photos! I love that Winnie has her own settee :)

Unknown said...

It's all so pretty, Anne. I enjoyed seeing more of your home! Can't wait to see it all in print :) Happy Easter to you!!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I will be waiting for you to be a star in the magazine , you already are a star in bloglAND

Ivy and Elephants said...

Now I'm thoroughly excited, can't wait for the reveal.
Your home is just amazing!
Hugs,
Patti

bigeyedchick said...

Your sofa is BEAUTIFUL! Is it vintage?


Related Posts with Thumbnails