Anne Lorys Photography on Facebook

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This and That. And This.

And some more of that.
It's another everything but the kitchen sink post from yours truly!

First up, what's that white stuff in my St. Francis birdbath?


It's SNOW!!!

Yep, 60 some-odd miles NW of San Antonio, and we're under a
WINTER STORM WARNING with snowfall accumulations of up to 2-4 inches expected!
I mean, we get snow down here, it just rarely sticks. This stuff is stickin'!

 

  


  That's almost an inch right there on the deck railing! That a HUGE whoop for this part of Texas!





Mr. Twig and the Huskies.
Awww look, Belle (on the right) has her puppy tongue out, so as to catch snowflakes!

Str-e-e-e-e-e-t-c-h, Havok! It's only snow, it's not gonna hurt you!


Next up, one of my items was prominently featured on 
Etsy's blog, The Storque this past weekend!


If you click right HERE and scroll about a third of the way down, you'll find my Fall Splendor Oil Painting very prominently featured on the left-hand side, grouped with other "like" themed objects.

 


It was featured on the front page of Etsy's blog Sunday, and also went out in the e-mails they send out to all the gajillion members daily.
 
  I didn't even know about it, as I hadn't received the e-mail featuring me yet...a most kind blog friend congratulated me on the honor and tipped me off, and it was later confirmed by yet another Etsy selling friend that that was a pretty big deal and I should be proud. It's a tremendous amount of exposure, so yeah, I am a little psyched!  I'm even happier that the oil on canvas sold as a direct result of this unexpected publicity, so bonus!


Thirdly, I know that I posted the winner on my sidebar, but for those who didn't look there,
the winner of my Flea Market Style Magazine Giveaway
is Beth of Gypsy Fish Journal.
Congrats, Beth!

There's a good chance I'll have yet ANOTHER copy to include in my impending giveaway, so be sure to check back!


In other news, there's a new blogger I'd like to tell y'all about....

 

 


 

Ooooo...

  




 

La......




 


.... La!

Beautiful images from the beautiful Sandi at
A Cottage Muse-Dreaming in Vintage Whites.

She's only been blogging for a couple of weeks now, so please head on over and make her feel welcome, just like y'all always do.
Oh, and some of these ethereal images are from her dreamy ETSY SHOP, so be sure to pop on over to discover something you just can't live without!

Now.....off to make snow angels!
Have a beautiful Tuesday!



24 comments:

Theresa said...

Congratulations on getting your beauty recognized! Love it and the new blogger sure has some gorgeous images, I'll be going to take a look:) Have a blessed day and stay warm!

red.neck chic said...

Oh YAY and Congrats on the Etsy blog post!!! You rock!!!

As for the snow... oh my gosh - is it not fun?!!? I just want to go play... forget the whole "day job" thing!

And now? I'm off to check out the new blog! Thanks for the tip! Congrats again on your sale and being featured!!!

;-) xoxoxo
robelyn

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Congradulations on being featured!!! It's gorgeous... I'm headed over to Sandi's blog!
Have a wonderful day.
Daphne

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

OH how exciting for you. Congratulations!!! I hung the sign I bought from you in my living room and am loving it!!!! It has been snowing and raining here all day so far. Spring is just around the corner:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Paula said...

We've been getting a lot of the white stuff down in southcentral Tennessee, too! We rarely see snow that sticks, but this year we've had plenty! We always get snow where I work, but an hour drive west where I live sees it very seldom. Strange, strange weather this year! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Anne...congrats again on making the Etsy email AND homepage!!! That is something to be proud of!! Thank you so very much for the feature on your blog too...so many nice people have stopped by to say hi already!! Snowing here too!

Michelle Hughes said...

Congrats! And have fun in your snow!

Michelle

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey, WONDERFUL about the etsy glory! And the pups look so cute out there in the white stuff. Belle's little tongue...too cute. They probably are having a ball in it, since it IS their element! I'm off to check out the new blog! Hope you're having a great day girl!
ly,
Debra

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I heard it was snowing in ya'lls area. Congrats on the Etsy mention.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Congrats on the feature... that is great!!

Have fun making those snow angels! It has certainly been one *crazy* winter! ;)

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Looks like you have more snow than we have had all winter(hahaha)oh well,you know it won;t last! Going to go check out that new blog,thanks!xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh holy cow! And you're sending it my way.. boooooo hooooo...

Congrats Beth on the win!!!

Ok my dear, I need to ask you a question.. I'll drop you an email.

with love,
olivia

Mindy said...

How danged much fun was it to getcha some Etsy lovin'? Good for you! Loving that snow! Have fun and congrats! ~Mindy

Brenda Pruitt said...

It's snowing in Tyler too! Has been all day. What weather we're having.
Brenda

Winchester Manor said...

Hello my gorgeous and sweet friend!

Boy that snow is something else! Your fur babies are adorable, Huskies are such amazing dogs!

Congrats on being featured...it couldn't happen to a nicer lady!

A big congrats to Beth...lucky lady!

Sandi sure does have some major ooh la la...I'm drooling over those pink suitcases...le sigh!

Have fun making snow angels!!

Big Hugs,
Karyn

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Congratulations on being featured by etsy.
You certainly deserve the recognition, your work is beautiful.

hugs
Sissie

Lisa said...

WOW! great post! We had warm weather today and snow tomorrow evening!! Won't really stick but how crazy is this weather?? Love all the pics and cannot wait to check out the new blog!
Hugs, Lisa

The Feathered Nest said...

How wonderful Anne!!! I love that Etsy featured one of your treasures!!!!! And thank you so much for leading us to another gorgeous blog...spread the blog love I say...I'm off to visit!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Rosemary said...

Congrats!!!
Love the snow!! How cool! I guess it is cool.
Oh, and congrats to the winner.
Rosemary

Faded Charm said...

Enjoy your snow while it lasts. Your dogs are beautiful and look like they fit in perfectly with all that white stuff.

Take care,

Kathleen

vintagesue said...

what a great post. so much in one post!!! love it all. enjoy your lil snow storm. i know when i does get cold in texas, it GETS COLD in texas.
i will go and look at the new blog you posted about and congrats to you for such etsy success!!!!
cheers
sue

Debra@CommonGround said...

ooohhh, you have strong peepers, I think the clock is 356. Which I guess is still pretty good. Did you have a fun day in the snow? Loved seeing your photos of it! Stay warm.
ly,
Debra

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm already visiting Sandi. She does have a beautiful blog! Congrats on your exposure (and I mean that in the best sense of the word). So fun! Glad to hear the painting sold. My girlfriend, Renee, is in San Antonio and she said it only snowed about 10 minutes, just long enough for her to get pictures. Hope you are having a fabulous day. Many blessings! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your etsy projects and wishes for continued success. I will pop over to your shop after posting. Looks like you are enjoying the snow. I will be happy to send more to you! We are expecting another storm tonight. You and Mr Twig make a cute couple!

Deborah


Related Posts with Thumbnails